1 Box - Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (bake as directed)
1 pkg - 1/3 Fat Cream Cheese
1/3 C - Canned Pure Pumpkin
1/4 C - Sugar
1/4 tsp - Ground Cinnamon
1/2 C - Whipping Cream
4 oz - Semisweet Chocolate, Chopped
Whole Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
1. Bake cake as directed. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, and cinnamon until thickened. Place one cake layer on plate. Spread filling over top. Top with second cake layer.
3. In a saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (do not stir). Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Pour over cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Chill until set, about 30 minutes.
5. Top with fruit and other desired toppers.
Makes 14 servings.
I made this a few years ago and it was a hit for Thanksgiving! I got the recipe from the Better Homes & Gardens website. I made it easier by not doing the cake by scratch, but if you want to do there version, just click on the link above. I think either way, you will be extremely happy with the results!