Monday, June 6, 2011

Kute Korker Bow Tutorial

Kute and Easy Korker Bow Tutorial


I started by going to Lowe's and getting a couple of different sizes of dowels. I'm sorry I can't remember the sizes, but just choose the sizes that you want your korker ringlets to be. I also had a worker at Lowe's cut the dowels in half so that they would fit in my oven, but if you have the tools to do so, you can do it yourself.


These are basically all the supplies that you need, minus the hot glue and the needle and thread. I know a lot of people are using clothes pins, but who has those on hand? Not me. I just used bobby pins and they worked great.

You begin by clipping the end of the ribbon down to the end of the dowel and twisting it around and down to the bottom of the dowel.




Take a break if your hands and wrists start hurting. I had to because of my carpel tunnel.


I placed them on a cookie sheet so the ribbon wasn't touching the wire racks. 'Bake' them for 20-30 minutes on 250.

Once they're done, take them out and let them cool completely.

Once cooled, take them off the dowels and you should have perfect korker ringlets.

To make my bow, I cut 4'' strips, but you can make them whatever size you want.



Once all your ringlets are cut to the length you want, then start sticking them all, in the order you want, onto the needle and thread. I used floss because it's thicker.





Once they are all through the needle, then take the needle and sew it back through to the back. Try not to go through the same hole.

I had a knot in the end of the thread so it wouldn't slip through when I was sewing.

Pull both ends (the one with the knot too) and take the needle off the thread and tie a few knots. Pull tight so it will stay together better.

Then cut the long ends of the thread off.

Almost done. I really like how mine looks with the different sizes of korker ringlets.

At this point you can make a ribbon lined alligator clip. I have a tutorial for it HERE.

Put glue on the top of the clip and attach to the bottom of the bow. Make sure to cover the loose ends of the thread.


Ta Da! So easy and cute right?



My daughter, Scotlin, looks so cute wearing it! I love it!

26 comments :

Denise McD said...

Oh i always wanted to know how to make these!!! thank you so much I can not wait to try it!!!! and Scotlin does look beautiful!


I found you at the KdBuggie blog hop! Hope you can stop by my blog... http://mommy2nanny3doggy1.blogspot.com/

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

What a doll!!! You make it look so easy!! Beautiful job! I might have to try!! Yours is so pretty!

Thanks for sharing!

Here's my linky :)
http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/gift-bag-redo-diy.html

GuitarTrump said...

What a great tutorial - your baby girl is *adorable*! :D I love of the pic of her finger in her mouth...following you!

I really like your blog - I'm trying to get mine off the ground and was wondering if you could come check it out and consider following.

http://www.guitartrump.blogspot.com/

Hope you have an *amazing* day! :)

Alex

laurie said...

I've been reading your posts and I just became a follower,, that is the most beautiful child,, the bow is very crafty as well ,, your little one makes the perfect model,,she is just a delight,, those eyes,,

AmberFaith said...

Hello! Newest follower from the Mingle Monday blog hop! Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get a chance. Have a great week! (:

Amber
http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

Janelle said...

Thank you for sharing this! I saw a bow like this at a boutique last wee and wanted to buy one for my daughter but they were expensive! Good thing I didn't buy it, now I know how to make them.

Ashley said...

so darling...great tutorial:)
you totally rock!
follower:) :) :)

http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Oh wow! I never knew how to make those! I must try - they look fantastic!!

I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
Have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

shopannies said...

thanks for sharing this I have a little princess that I love to buy bows for now I am going to try to make them as well come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree said...

I had no idea there would be baking involved LOL
I would love if you would share this at our weekly Playdate (link party for all things kid related!) at : http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/06/playdate-link-party-everyone-welcome.html

Cheers,
Lori
Come & Play!
www.beneaththerowantree.com

Fabric Bows and More said...

Cute! Please stop by and join our link party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/

Desiree @ The 36th Avenue said...

This is so cool! I have wondered how people did this... I'd love for you to come and share it at my link party. Awesome tutorial!

thirtysixthavenue.com

Nancy StylenDecorDeals said...

First things first...Scotlin is adorable! I never knew how they got the ribbon to curl. So neat! I could make these for cheerleading! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

I'm a new follower on GFC. Hope you can hop by and see my project:
http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-no-sew-project-canopy-bed-crown.html

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Absolutely adorable! I would love for you to link up today to "It's a Party"!
www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Little girl stuff makes me smile. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

Rachel said...

What a wonderful tutorial! I want to make these for my daughter!

Denise said...

This is just adorable. I would have never thought to put ribbon into the oven. I found your blog on The 36th Avenue's Let's Party #5. I love creative people so I decided to check out the posts. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I can be found in facebook too http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and twitter @DeniseLillaRose If you like/follow me there I will do the same for you. When you stop by my blog, please check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry).

Mindie Hilton said...

Would love to see you link up at my new party that will run through Sunday!

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/party-mindie-style-link-up-1.html

Shannon Brennan said...

Very Cute!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Thank you so much for linking up and sharing!!

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

So cute! I love her blue eyes! The bow turned out very cute as well. Thanks so much for linking up.
Crystal
www.chocolatedroolandkisses.blogspot.com

andie jaye said...

so glad you linked this up to my party! it's so cute! makes me wish i had a little girl to make one for! and she's a doll! those eyes are gorgeous!! andie

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

Hi there! This is an awesome tutorial!! We are hosting a link party called “Help a Momma Out” on our blog today! This would be an awesome link up! Please feel free to add it! We appreciate it! Have a great day!

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com


http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/help-momma-out-party-link-up-june-14th.html

Leslie said...

I have never known how to do this. Thanks for the tutorial!! I will have to make my nieces some of these. I have two little boys but if I end up having a girl in the future she will definitely be show stopping in a cute bow like this.

Loving your blog! I found you via the blog hop

Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

I always wondered how to make curly ribbon like that! Awesome, and yours is too cute! Thanks for sharing!
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs