Monday, June 20, 2011

Summertime Wreath

Summertime, and the wreath makin' is easy...
I've been wanting to make a wreath for summer for the past 5 years and I finally got around to doing it.
Here's what I came up with!

I found all my supplies at Michael's.
All you basically need is a straw wreath, a bag of spanish moss, sea shells and thick wire ribbon. I also added a few felt stickers for an extra touch of personality!

I began by unwrapping the wreath from it's plastic. Don't take off the twine holding it together. This is a messy process, but it's all worth it.

Then I started cutting off small pieces of moss and gluing them around the wreath.

I didn't glue the moss to the back, only on the top. It should look something like this.

Then I took the ribbon and started wrapping it around the moss covered wreath. It kind holds it all together better.

Then I folded the two loose ends and glued them down.


Next, I glued down different seashells on the parts where the moss is showing.

I then arranged the felt pieces and glued them down onto the ribbon.

Lastly, loop through some more ribbon to hang it from and tie a cute bow on top.

I think it turned out pretty well. Let me know if you have any questions. Like I said, it was pretty easy.


15 comments:

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

INSANELY beautiful batman!! Love everything about it!!

We host a linky party "Strut Your Stuff Sunday!" We would love for you to link up this beauty!!

Thanks for sharing!!
Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Blue and beachy-what more canyou ask for? love it.

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I posted about my seashell wreath today and I have to say - I like yours better!

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

THANK YOU so much for linking up to our linky party - Strut Your Stuff Sunday!! We appreciate it!!

Hope to see your fabulous ideas again!! Have a great day!

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

DWYHomemaking said...

Very creative for the summer! Thanks for linking up at Unwasted homemaking!

Jessica @ O. Alouette said...

This turned out so cute and summery! Love it!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

This is beautiful!! Great job!
Thank you or a nice comment!

The Outlaw Mom said...

What a great and beautiful summer idea! I'm trying to transform our house with a more beachy theme since we'll probably never actually get to a house on the beach this summer with the kiddos, so this is great inspiration! Thanks for sharing your tutorial :-)

Cozy Home Scenes said...

I love this coastal beachy look! Great for summer for most of us, but I could see it being used year round near the beach. Thanks for sharing how to make it.

3d200cc0-953b-11e0-8200-000bcdca4d7a said...

Such a pretty wreath! Im a new follower from the hop. Hope you can hop by www.girltechdivas.com and follow back!

angelabvilla said...

This is so cute. Reminds me of California and HOME! Love it. I am gonna do one to make it more home here. Great job!

Pamela said...

It's worth waiting for! Love the shade of blue you chose and the shells are each so special.

Blessings,
Pamela

BluBabesCreate said...

Come see my seashell wreath! Love yours!

Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

We loved it so much that we featured it on our blog today!! Don't forget to grab a button.
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

I love it! So beachy and summery. I keep saying I need to make a summer wreath but still haven't gotten around to it.

Stopping over from the Sugar & Spice party. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio