Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tropical Vacation Cake

I've heard this cake called 'PIG Cake', 'Millionaire Cake', and also 'Better Than Sex Cake'. All I know is that it's like a Vacation to a Tropical Island in my mouth, so I'm renaming it to something that makes a little more sense!

TROPICAL VACATION CAKE

I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman Blog and it's amazingly tasty!

INGREDIENTS
For CAKE:
- 1 (18.25 oz.) Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Stick of Softened Margarine
- 1 (11 oz.) Can of Mandarin Oranges
 (Drained - 1/2 Cup of Juice Reserved)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract

For TOPPING:
- 1 (4 oz.) Package of Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 (20 oz.) Can of Crushed Pinapple
(Drained - Juice Reserved)
- 1/2 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 (8 oz.) Container of Cool Whip
* 1 Cup of Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Small can of Mandarin Oranges
(Drained - For Garnish)

* - my special addition

Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
For the cake, combine cake mix, margarine, 1/2 cup juice from the mandarin oranges, eggs, and vanilla.

Beat for four minutes on medium-high.

Add drained oranges...

And beat again until pieces are broken up and small.

Pour batter into greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Remove from oven and cool completely.

Once cake is cool, blend juice from drained pineapples with the vanilla pudding mix.

Add powdered sugar and mix.

Then mix in whipped topping.

Stir in drained pineapple.

Add shredded coconut and mix.

If desired, turn out cake onto a large platter.

Spread topping on cooled cake.

Top with mandarin orange slices and refrigerate for several hours.

This would be perfect for Luau's and any event in which you would where a Hawaiian shirt, a Lei or even a Coconut Bra with a Grass Skirt! hehe

Can't feel bad about eating a mostly fruit cake right? hehe I know I didn't!


15 comments :

Cindy D said...

I am definitely making this cake! Wow, so great for the summer! I put you on my blog today and told my friends to try it! Hope you come visit! I am a new follower.

Syed Store said...

I love your blog. I am gonna print all these recipes. Thanks for sharing with us,
Welcome to bloggy mom, it's a wonderful site to join.
Bushra Syed
www.allaboutbabyzee.blogspot.com
www.syedstore.blogspot.com
Let's follow each other and stay connected forever.

JamieS said...

Looks delicious! I may have to take this to a party on Monday!

~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

Ami w/AliLilly said...

SERIOUSLY!! This is the best cake EVER!!! :) http://alililly.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-made-pioneer-womans-pig-cake.html

Threeundertwo said...

That looks really good! Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

Natalia Lynn said...

OH my goodness, YUM-EE! I tweeted this, it looks so good!

J A C Q U E L I N E said...

This is amazing! Wow. This would be a perfect ending to a busy summer day.

Jenn said...

My mom make a cake like this. I LOVE it!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Oh my gosh, I think I could sit down and eat that whole cake! Sounds delicious!! Thank you so much for linking up!

Erica (Irene) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica (Irene) said...

This cake looks so good. Love your blog, I will now be a follower.

Heidi said...

Now following your wonderful blog from the Let's Get Social Blog Hop!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Hi! This looks so good! I am a new follower!I would love it if you stopped by blog, take a look around and if you like what you see, follow me back! Thanks!
Have a great holiday!
Kirsten

www.mushkiloves.blogspot.com

Maria Matter said...

WOW, this looks absolutely delicious!!!

Thanks for linking up @ Inspire Me Fridays this week!
hugs

markkfinn said...

I have found the great way to make the same delicious cake. As the conception and contents about the tutorial of that one are really looking just promising about it. It's really authentic source to make the same delicious Tropical Vacation cake. Thanks for sharing.

Midwest Scrapbook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs