Monday, August 8, 2011

Chalkboard Wall Frame

Mexican Kitchen Redo:
Chalkboard Wall Frame


I just moved, so I am decorating my kitchen with a Mexican theme, since that is my favorite kind of food. The first addition is this Chalkboard Wall Frame that I have always wanted to do. I actually painted the wall for this. I thought that if I were to write on the frame itself then it would wobble, and since I wanted to use this Chalkboard every day I wanted it to be sturdy.

   All you need is Chalkboard paint( I bought the paint at Walmart), a frame and painting tape( I used masking tape). Oh, and chalk to write on your new board. First take a painted frame and decide where you want it. Mine is in the entry to my kitchen.

 Trace and tape where you want to paint.
 Start painting the wall. It took me a few coats.
And there you go. You can even change the frame as often as you want.

XOXO-


P.S. - Don't forget to FOLLOW us and leave a COMMENT on our Giveaway Post in order to be entered to win 3 RUFFLE HEADBANDS from Funky PolkaDot Giraffe!!!

10 comments :

Stephanie said...

I have to tell you, I just LOVE this idea! I may have to do this, myself!


Stephanie

Christina said...

I wouldn't have thought to paint right on the wall-what a great idea! I love that you can change out the frame.
Thanks for the inspiration,
Christina

pegasus_aprilof84 said...

Hi I am a new follower from blog it forward Tuesday, I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog.
http://shandassweepsandfreebies.blogspot.com/ I also have a Giveaway going on if you would like to check it out.

Meggie said...

Love your blog... great idea!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Great idea!! I've made a few chalkboard frames and love them!! Great gift ideas too! Visiting from PDP!!

Joyful Baker said...

Very cute! And I love the red frame!

Ricki said...

Painting the chalkboard right onto the wall is a great idea! I love how you framed it too. :)

Rainbow Bekah said...

that's SO cute!!!

Haylen said...

I LOVE this!!! I might have to make one!

msgotitalltogether.blogspot.com

Tanya Anurag said...

I like that board but I could just not take my eyes off that message. I am invited for dinner?

We have a link up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs