Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chocolate Oatmeal Strawberry Filled Crumble

Chocolate Oatmeal Strawberry Filled Crumble

This recipe is quick and easy, but tastes very decadent. The recipe is:
1 Package Chocolate Cake Mix
(you can even use yellow cake if you don't want it chocolate)
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup Strawberry jam (you can use any jam that you like)
1 Tablespoon water
Chocolate Chips for the top
White Chocolate for decorating

First Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan. I used a 8x8 pan. In a large bowl, mix together oats, cake mix, and melted margarine so that it makes nice clumps and there is no dry mix left. I had to add some more melted butter.

 Press 1/2 of the oats mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.


 In a separate bowl, mix jam with water, and spread over the crust.

 Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture evenly over the top.
I also added some chocolate chips that I had left over, half way through baking. Then once it was out and cooled I melted some white chocolate and decorated the top.
 Yum, Enjoy.



XOXO-

4 comments :

Kara @ Nest Candy said...

As soon as I read the title of this post I knew I was going to be drooling! I have got to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Katherines Corner said...

Yum, yum, did I say yum? :-)

Two Drty Lil' Hands said...

I made this but how long do you cook it for? I missed that part somewhere?!

Erin said...

I can't believe I missed the amount of time to put it in the oven...sorry anyone who tryed to make it. 20 minutes. You want it crispy on top and soft on the inside. Thanks for all who tried this recipe.
XOXO- Erin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs