Monday, August 1, 2011

Personal Herb Garden Pots

Personal Herb Garden Pots
You can make these pots for an indoor or outdoor herb garden. 

Start with however many terra cotta pots you want.

Paint the inside and lower outside of the pots whatever color you want.

Then paint the outer lip of the pots whatever color you want. My kitchen is green and purple so I painted them those colors.

Stick on stickers of the first letter of the herb names.
L = Lavendar
O = Oregano
T = Thyme
S = Sage
Pretty Pots for LOTS of Herbs!

Use a glittery puff paint to line the top edge of the pots and let it dry.

Once the puff pain is dry, paint all the pots completely with Mod Podge. You may need to do this in steps. After one part dries, paint another part, and so on, until the whole thing is covered. Then make little bows and glue those on as a cute accent!


Once everything is dried and glued on, fill with planting soil and plant your seeds. Spritz with water and wait for them to grow.


These are some herbs we planted about 3 weeks ago.

Sorry I don't have pictures of herbs growing out of the pots I just made.


Here's a shot of my cute recipe box that I upcycled from a cheap box that I got at Michaels. I think it turned out pretty cute. I didn't do a tutorial on it, but I thought I'd show you anyways, since it matched my little herb pots. Can't wait to see my plants grow.

6 comments:

Apron Senorita said...

GORGEOUS!! Love the painted pots. I’m Monday blog hopping and so happy to get to visit your blog and be a new follower. Hope you can visit my blog and follow back.

Yoli :)
Apron Senorita

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

I love waiting for my seeds to sprout in the spring and it never occurred to me how much more fun it would be to watch in super cute pots! Well done! I would love for you to come by and link your post up at my Savvy HomeMade Monday blog party

http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/31/corn-muffins-with-onion-and-thyme/

PS... I am a new follower!

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

Ooops! That link is a muffin, not a party! Ha ha. My party is at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/

Sorry about the corn muffins. :)

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

I am glad you found it despite my obstacle course! :) Thanks for linking up!

Chris said...

Hi there, I love your painted pots, they are so cute. Thanks for sharing. Sorry that I am so late in commenting but I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Jamie said...

That polka-dot pattern is just too cute, and the ribbon makes a great accent. These pretty pots can certainly make herb gardening extra special, since you get to look at pretty things while working on your plants. I'll definitely try doing this project one time.

-Jamie Keifer

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs