Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons

I recently went to the Cafe at Nordstroms and had the most delicious treat ever...chocolate dipped coconut macaroons. Their's were much prettier than mine. I just had to make some though. I can't remember where I found the recipe but here's how I made them!

 INGREDIENTS:
14 oz bag sweetened shredded coconut
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
Bag of chocolate chips

 First heat oven to 325*, then whip egg whites and salt into stiff peaks.


 Combine coconut & vanilla...

 with sweetened condensed milk and...

 carefully fold in egg whites.

 Spoon out balls of mixture onto a baking sheet.

 Bake for 30-35 minutes.

 Once cooled, melt chocolate chips in microwave for 1 min. then stir. If the chocolate isn't melted completely after stirring, then heat for another 30 seconds and stir again. Then dip each macaroon into the chocolate and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Refridgerate macaroons until the chocolate is hardened, then enjoy!!!



 These were so good, I could seriously make them once a month as my go to snack. I hope you like them as much as I did!


9 comments :

Jutta said...

Sounds delicious, will definitely try that!

Lisa said...

I know these must be amazing! Chocolate and coconut is the best conbination. YUM!

Erin said...

I don't know why I only make these at Christmastime. They are so delicious! Yours look awesome! And dipped in chocolate? Heaven!

Marlee said...

Mmmm these looks AMAZING! Great blog, am a new follower!

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Are you kidding me?!! They look so delicious! Thank you so much for linking up!

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

Yuuuuuummy! Pin, pin, pin! I can't wait to try these!

Judee said...

They look so good and are naturally gluten free. I love the tutorial and just pinned this.
I am now following you. Hope you will visit my blog and follow back. Thanks.
www.glutenfreewithjudee.blogspot.com

Barbie Chiu said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for inspiring us. Keep it up and continue on what your doing. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs