Monday, March 28, 2011

Makin Crafts: Spring Bugs

SpRiNg BuGs 
Here are some cute little spring decorations you can make that are fast and easy!

 
I found the idea in a magazine. I'm sorry I can't remember which one, since I made these a couple of years ago. But I still use them and put them out every spring since they are so cute! 

All you need is:
-3 smallish clay pots
(for a bee, a butterfly or dragonfly and a ladybug)
-Acrylic paint
(red, blue or purple, yellow and pink)
-Black permanent marker
-Foamy sheets
(sorry I don't know the real name for them, but you'll need to get black, white, blue or purple and pink)
-Bendable wire
-Craft glue and Hot glue
-And obviously scissors and paint brushes 

Then you all you do is:
1.Paint the pots how you want them.
2.Allow them to dry.
3.Put the markings you want on them with the marker.
4. Twist up the wire for antennas and glue them on where you want them.
5. Cut out of the foamy sheets some wings and mark those how you want them.
6. Then glue on the wings and you're done!


So cute and perfect for lighting up small spaces with a pop of color! Plus they're great for holding your favorite Easter candies!


8 comments :

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

These are so cute,these are a great idea for a mothers day gift. Thanks for linking up to my party hope you can come next week.
Crysta
ps I am a new follower!

Megan said...

these are too too cute. great job.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

I LOVE this! Its PERFECT for you to Link up at my Linky PAR-TAY,

Whassup Wednesday!!!

And I have a party button you can grab so your friends can come too:)

*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

xoxokara

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

Oh my gosh, aren't those sweet! I'd love to do this with my girl scouts! How cute!!!

I'd also love to have you share this at my next For the Kids Friday Link Party! Stop on by!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

Those are positively DARLING. Going to archive this so I can do it with my boys when they are older!

I'd LOVE if you could share this with my readers tonight @Creative Juice Thursday. Party starts @ 7pm CST. Get your crafting shoes on. Hope to see you there...

Deb said...

The pots are so cute! I love anything with a ladybug involved. I am a new follower, found you through Simple as That. Have a wonderful day!

Kristina @ A Home Made by Kiki said...

These are so cute! I'm stopping by from the UBP! I love meeting new bloggers, so stop by and visit if you get the chance and see how I am creating a healthier home for my family. I'm your newest follower!

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

I still can't stop smiling looking at these. Thanks for sharing this at Creative Juice last week.

Hope to see you back soon with more crafty ideas...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs