Monday, May 9, 2011

Canvas Picture Frames

CANVAS PICTURE FRAMES
This is a simple and cute way to decorate your walls.

This is basically what you will need to create your own unique canvas art: 
A canvas, Mod Podge, a brush, puff paint, stickers & decals, scrap paper, embellishments and a picture.

 First you will need to cut your background scrap paper out to fit the front of the canvas.


 Then, cut strips of paper out for the sides of the canvas.

 Now squirt some Mod Podge on the top of the canvas and spread around.


 Then place the background paper on the top of it and make sure it sticks well. I turned mine over and pushed down on the back really well.

 Now adhere your picture on with the Mod Podge.

 Apply decals and stickers.

 Now adhere the edge strips to the sides with Mod Podge.


 At this point you can trim any paper edges that are hanging over.

 Now this might be scary at first, but squirt Mod Podge on the top of the canvas and spread around. After the top is dry, do the sides.

 You may have slight air bubbles like I did, just try to smooth them down as much as you can.

 After that's completely dry, then start drawing lines around the edges with the puff paint.

 You can either wait for the puff paint to dry or start adding any embellishments now to finish up your canvas.

 Once it dries overnight, it should be ready to hang.

You can be as creative as can be with these. Here's the finished product!


  Here's another one that I made too!
Have fun!!! Let me know if you have any questions.

18 comments :

Kat said...

What a bright and beautiful day to join a blog hop!

Just popping by to say hello and follow your blog!

I'm Kat the author/editor of The Vivification of Mrs. Moment (MrsMoment.Com). VMM is a A blossoming community of storytellers weaving true tales about fleeting moments that touch our lives in incalculable ways. Plus, excerpts from my odd little life.

Stop by, get involved, tell a story, and follow back. We love to welcome new writers into our community.

Peace and illumination,

Kat

KAT said...

GREAT! Project..I will be trying my hand at this..have lots of photos of my 3 yr old grand baby!
Thank you for the wonderful tutorial! Im going to be follower of yours
KAT

andie jaye said...

i love it! what a cute way to dress up a portrait into a lasting piece for you home. stop by and see me sometime :)

andiejaye @ http://crayonfreckles.blogspot.com

Amy said...

This is SOOOO gorgeous! Love it! Mod Podge is great stuff. :) Now I want to try this project with my son's Easter photo...thanks!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Those are adorable. Of course the cutie face in the frame helps. Thanks for joining my newbie party, please add my link.

Court said...

Precious! I love unique was to display pictures.

I found your blog from Homemaker on a Dime and am a new follower.

Courtney
frog2fab.blogspot.com

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

Thanks for this great tutorial! love it! Gonna try it for sure. The pink one will go beautifully in my daughter's new Paris themed room...

Ispirato Design said...

That is a great idea- I've never seen anything like that on a canvas- my head is swirling with ideas! Thanks for the inspiration! Visiting from Debbiedoos- I'm a newbie too -lets follow each other :)

Jana said...

This turned out amazing!! :)

Taylor said...

So sweet:)

Coley said...

Oh I am just loving all the possibilities with this! What a great project. Thank you for sharing!

Patti Bee said...

That turned out so cute...I did something similar...I'd love it if you'd check it out...
http://watchingovertheheartandhome.blogspot.com/2011/04/using-what-i-had-on-hand-for-little.html

" me " said...

well done !

Michelle @ The Lazy Novice Crafter said...

I'm visiting from Debbiedoos!

I'm in love with this project! This is THE perfect gift, I have to make this! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

LambAround said...

Love, love, LOVE this! It's like a scrapbook page that you can share on the wall :)

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

This is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing.
Crystal

singhsk said...

Its really a amazing photos,very beautiful,I also want to prints my wedding pictures into canvas prints.
Thanks for sharing.keep posting

Ecotec Autogas said...

Great display and nice frames picture...
Thank you for the wonderful tutorial....
Canvas Frames

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs