Friday, May 13, 2011

Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts

SUGAR COOKIE FRUIT TARTS
I got this idea from our sister, Heather. She made these for me for my 30th birthday party and I have been wanting to make them ever since. Not going to say how long ago that was. hehe

I can't remember where I got the recipe. I forgot to save the link from when I did a search.

Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
Premade Sugar Cookies
Fruit
For the Cream
1 bar - cream cheese
1/2 cup - sour cream
2 tblsp - orange juice
1 tsp - vanilla
1/2 cup - powdered sugar
For the Glaze
1/2 cup - apricot preserve
1 tblsp - water



Slice up your fruit. I didn't end up using the Bananas because there wasn't enough room!


Bake your cookies, if you need to. If you got pre-made cookies, then lay them out on a cookie sheet, like I did below.

Let your cookies cool and arrange them on a cookie sheet.

Measure your ingredients for the cream. I thought it needed a little something so I added a 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream. (not shown in picture)

Once it's mixed, the cream should be a little lumpy.

I scooped the cream into a plastic zip-lock bag so I could pipe it out onto the cookies. Just cut a small hole in one of the bag's corners.

They should look something like this when you're done.

Then start arranging your fruit!





Once all your fruit is arranged the way you want it, then mix the glaze. Stir it up until it's a little runny and then paint it on the fruit.

It should make everything look really shiny and gorgeous!

Now enjoy!!!

15 comments :

angelabvilla said...

My sister-in-law made these one night and they are amazing!!!!!!

LambAround said...

These are stunning! Really, I could eat just the fruit in your beautiful photos alone.

I'm stopping by with some fun news for you today! The post you linked up last week has been nominated for the Best in Show award on my blog :)
Be sure to come vote when you get a chance! Congratulations!!!

idesign said...

these look great! i'll have to make them sometime soon, thanks for sharing

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Those look amazing and so easy! I will have to make some!
Congratulations on your 1 year cancer free, and thank you for a sweet comment!

Michelle said...

They look sooooo good! I am a new follower and I would love if you linked this up to my Made by Little Hands Monday party!! Your link up is also an entry to a giveaway!! Hope to see you there!
Have a great day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

I'm so happy I found this recipe. When I was young one of our neighbors made this recipe but in a pizza cookie dough style and I remember loving it! Definatly adding this to my recipe list.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Joi - these cookies look amazing. They would be the perfect addition to a summertime party. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today. Enjoy the rest of your week ~ Stephanie Lynn
www.bystephanielynn.com

Kelly & Ashley said...

We will feature you May 24th on www.kidkapers.blogspot.com in our Tasty Tuesday post. We will be adding a linky to this feature if you want to link up any other treats.

Christina {The Tattered Tag} said...

Hi Joi~

Yummy, yum, yum!! I have added these cookie tarts to my Homespun Bake Shop page, please drop by & see all the delicious inspiration.

~Christina~

Drop By The Tattered Tag

Erin said...

these look amazing! i am stopping by from flamingo toes. I am your newest follower :)

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said...

These look so amazing! I love tarts - this looks like such a fun and quick way to make them. :) Thanks for linking up to Think Pink Sundays - I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2011/05/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-7/

Tammy said...

These look soooooo yummy! I "pinned" them so I have the recipe for later. My husband had "fruit pizza" for the first time a few weeks ago and he loved it. I know he would really like these. Thanks for sharing.

Janelle said...

Those look really good! Saved this recipe :) I am a new follower

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh. These sound so stinkin good with the sugar cookie!

glenda regan said...

Juicy Couture Sales juicy couture Tracksuit Juicy Couture Sandals Juicy Couture Earrings Juicy Couture Flip Flops Juicy Couture Bracelets Juicy Couture Purse Juicy Couture Swimwear Juicy Couture T-Shirt Juicy Couture Sunglass
Juicy Couture Watch Juicy Couture Necklace Dsquared Men Dsquared Shoes Dsquared Belt Dsquared Cap Dsquared Hoodies Dsquared Jeans Dsquared Suit Dsquared Sport Pants Dsquared Shirt Dsquared Polo
Dsquared T-shirt Dsquared Swimwear Dsquared Shorts Dsquared Trunks Dsquared Jacket Tommy Hilfiger Men

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs