Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Marshmallows

Easter Marshmallows
One of the easiest and yummiest recipes you will ever find.
Ingredients
3 packages unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Toasted Coconut, or Sprinkles
Sprinkle Coconut or Sprinkles in an 8 by 12-inch nonmetal pan.
Combine the gelatin and 1/2 cup of cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and allow to sit while you make the syrup.
Meanwhile, combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Raise the heat to high and cook until the syrup reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer. (It's about 5 minutes) Remove from heat.


With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour the sugar syrup into the dissolved gelatin. Put the mixer on high speed and whip until the mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.


Pour the marshmallow batter on top the the Coconut or Sprinkles, with damp hands. Sprinkle Coconut or sprinkles on top. Allow to dry uncovered at room temperature overnight.


Remove the marshmallows from the pan and cut into squares. Roll the sides of each piece carefully in confectioners' sugar. Store uncovered at room temperature.




I have made this recipe many times and it always turns out great. I love it with the toasted coconut's but my husband is not a fan of coconut so I have also made it with sprinkles instead. And it is just as good that way too. I have also put food coloring, and that makes it a lot of fun. Recipe from the Food Network's Barefoot Contessa 2002.
XOXO-


Peeps Bunny Bites
Here's what you need!
  
I split up the sprinkles so that I could easily dip the peeps in them from the melted chocolate.

Once they're done, let the chocolate set and dry and you're done.



These taste amazing too!

HAPPY EASTER!!!

4 comments :

Jessie said...

I love these! I was JUST talking to someone about making chocolate peeps! Man I love Easter time!

Brandy J. said...

My mouth is watering just looking at all these yummy treats! Thanks for sharing.

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Marshmellows! Yum! I'm your newest follower! I HAVE to make these! Oh, I'm having a giveaway please stop by if you get a sec!

TanyasTreasureTrove said...

Hi! Following you from
UBP! Hope you visit me
and return the follow!
:0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs