Friday, April 15, 2011

Homemade Muesli

HOMEMADE MUESLI
'Muesli...is a popular breakfast cereal based on uncooked rolled oats, fruit and nuts. It was developed around 1900 by Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Benner for patients in his hospital.' - Wikipedia

I found a couple of recipes for homemade Muesli online and decided to combine a few items and come up with my own version. I bought all the ingredients at a local health food grocery store (Henry's Market).

Here are the ingredients that I used:
















I gave about 3-4 cups of it away as a gift and this is a large storage zip lock bag.
I eat about a cup for breakfast with rice milk. It definitely helps start my day off right and it actually tastes delicious!

3 comments :

Tanya said...

that looks yummy! I will have to try this:)

Mary said...

What a great breakfast idea, healthy too! I "followed" you from Tatertots & Jello linky party, and would love if you "followed" me back at

www.redo101.blogspot.com

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

this sounds tasty!!

kisses
heather

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs