Friday, April 1, 2011

Yummy Recipe: Flutter Bug Cupcakes

*We decided to give all our dedicated FOLLOWERS a $100 each for being so loyal!
Check at the bottom of the post to see if your name is listed to claim your prize*
*hint*hint*

FLUTTER BUG CUPCAKES

(I've been a little obsessed with 'spring' bugs this year, as you can already tell)
I found this idea at The Celebration Shoppe Blog!

Basically, you just bake any kind of cupcakes you want, frost them green, place the M&M's like the bugs you see and pipe the details with yellow and black frosting. (I didn't end up using the green sprinkles and those are Peanut and Peanut Butter M&M's - Delish!)
I used Devil Food Cake Mix to look like dirt.
Nummy!
Dye your frosting green!
Frost your cupcakes and stick on your candies.
Pipe on your stripes and bodies and antenna's and you've got yourself the cutest little cupcakes ever!

I think mine turned out pretty cute! Hope you have fun making and eating these too!

Made you look...
APRIL FOOLS!
(Sorry that was a mean trick, we still love you though!)

15 comments :

Tasha Jackson said...

These are so cute! I am hosting a Pillowcase Party (a crafty/sewing party to make dresses for orphans in Africa) this weekend, and I was looking for something cute and girly to make. This is just too cute, and looks like even someone like me could pull it off! Great share!

Susanmeep said...

I would love to make this.

I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you like to follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
thank you :)

@pril said...

These look so good. I saw you at Friday Flair by Whipper Berry.

Today is my blog's first linky party. I would love for you to add this: http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Funky%20Fresh%20Fridays.

Megan said...

these look so cute and yummy. Chocolate!!!!!!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Shauna said...

Your cupcakes are just too darling. I love how they look and the simplicity of putting them together. Just the types of recipes I need. I found your blog from the SunScholars link party. I would love it if you could link this post to my link party "All Things Wonderful" if you get a chance. Thanks again for sharing these CUTE cupcakes with us.
Take care,
Shauna
http://myshaenoel.blogspot.com/

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas! said...

Adorable! You did a wonderful job. They're so SPRING! Thanks for sharing with Sweets This Week.

Sarah

btw - hahaha, my word verification to post this is "poopedi" That's a first for that 'word'. lol

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

These are too cute! Love it!

~following you now :)

Come see me too!

Meryl Jaffe, PhD said...

These look delicious and easy to make. I love easy!

Glad to have found you on the blog hop.
Meryl
http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

Krystine Stephenson said...

What a great idea! Those turned out so cute!

http://lucyluvinyl.blogspot.com/

Alexandra said...

These are absolutely fabulous for Easter! Would you be so kind as to link up at Muffin Monday and share your recipe with our readers? They will love it! Thanks!
http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-oatmeal-muffins

Erin said...

These are so darn cute! My kids would love them!

Sisters' Stuff said...

Darling!

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

I love those! Such a fun Spring treat!

Thanks for sharing this at last week's For the Kids Friday Link Party! This week's party is in full swing. I'd love to have you stop by and join in on the fun!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/04/for-kids-friday-6.html

:)rachel

Kristi said...

Ladies, these are adorable (and delicious looking as well)!! I would be absolutely delighted for you to link up with us at Mop It Up Monday (going on all week): http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/04/mop-it-up-mondays-10.html
{HUGS},
kristi

~*April*~ said...

Omg!! They are so cute!! I am gonna make these tomorrow!! ive been craving cake =O) Thankies!!!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs