Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Monkey Birthday Party

Monkey Birthday Party

My daughter turned Two this year and she is obsessed with Monkey's. So, we had a Monkey themed Birthday Party.

I made the cake. But I will tell you my tricks. I used a cake mix in the box and I bought the black, pink and green frosting. It saved me a lot of time instead of coloring it myself. The brown was just chocolate frosting and the skin color was a little chocolate added to the vanilla or white frosting. I also bought a monkey pan. They give you a little picture of the monkey with the pan. I just copied the picture.
Personalized shirt from Etsy. It turned out too big so she has worn it as a nightshirt a lot.
Monkey Piggy tail clips, made by Joi. Check out her Etsy too. It's enjoime@etsy.
Homemade Banner with scrap jungle paper. And printed letters on my computer.
Vines all over. I was going to put them on the walls, and I didn't want the kids to pull them down so I put them on the ceiling. I taped string up first and then draped the streamers up on the strings. It was a big hit.


We had Pin the Banana on the Monkey.
Yummy yogurt covered banana's. The kids loved them.
Monkey gift bags. We only had girls at our party so we made all the Monkey's girly. In the gift bags were some plastic bags with trail mix labeled Monkey Chow, (I added some dried banana's too). Some small jungle animal toys. I monkey yo-yo. And some chocolate covered oreo's with jungle animal shapes (mostly for the parents).


What a great smile! She likes to close her eyes when I say cheese.
Here are the cutout's that I printed out on my computer.


I can't believe my oldest daughter is Two! Her birthday was a lot of fun. And now I have many more to plan.


8 comments :

Anne said...

Hi! I’m belatedly stopping by from the UBP. Nice to meet you!
I have two blogs, and I’d love for you to stop by when you get a minute. We’re giving away a $100 Visa gift card until the 19th at Giveaway Corner. Thanks!

http://giveawaycorner.blogspot.com/ (A free giveaway every weekday)
http://anne-somekindofwonderful.blogspot.com/ (Family blog)

Kara @ Nest Candy said...

Wow! This is such a fantastic birthday party! You were so creative with the monkey chow and the yogurt covered bananas. I bet your kids will have the best birthday parties and remember them all forever. :)

Melissa said...

So cute! I love it! I'm probably going to do a monkey theme for my daughter's birthday next year. She is obsessed! Lol...I am your newest follower from FMBT. Love your blog! You can find me at:

http://www.loveandpancakes.com/

Have a great day! :-)

~xoxo~
Melissa

aStarToSteerHerBy said...

saw you at we did it wednesday! I absolutely LOVE the little paper bags!

heather said...

so cute! and those ribbon monkey clips..seriously!! how did you ever some up with the idea to make them with ribbon. So creative and such talent!!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

you made that cake??? awesome!! and i totally love those hair clips. too cute haha

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday! Hope to see ya again this week :)

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

I used the same cake pan for my son's 1st birthday!

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday! Hope to see you back this week...

Shannon said...

I love this party, so cute! You did such a great job with the printables and the decorations. And your monkey cake is just perfect!

I featured your party over on my blog at Monkey Party Ideas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs