Friday, February 11, 2011

Foody Friday: EVERYTHING RED VELVET


Creamy Red Velvet Cupcakes

These were divine!!! They have chocolate, coconut,
and cream cheese! What more can you ask for?

I got the recipe on the Duncan Heinz site, because
they make a Red Velvet cake mix, which is good
by itself, but I decided to get a little creative! They
even have a cream cheese filling!!! YUM!





~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Cream Cheese Cookies/Whoopie Pies

(I couldn't find a picture of ones that I made and I didn't want too many Red Velvet desserts in my home at the same time or I would have made some more to show you what mine look like - Sorry!)
I can't remember where I found this recipe,
but I alter it a little anyway, so here is my version:

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (18.25 ounce) package Red Velvet cake mix
1 container of Cream Cheese frosting

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Blend in the egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually beat in the cake mix. Dough will be stiff. Cover, and chill for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm. Cool on wire racks.

Once cooled, spread Cream Cheese frosting onto the bottom side of one cookie and place the bottom side of another cookie on it to create a sandwich!
These are so addicting and soft and chewy! I love 'em!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Red Velvet Cake Balls

I got this recipe off of Bakerella.com but I changed it a little.

INGREDIENTS
1 box red velvet cake mix
(cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 pkg of softened cream cheese
1 package chocolate bark
(regular or white chocolate)
wax paper (I didn't use)

DIRECTIONS
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.

2. Mix thoroughly with 1 pkg of softened cream cheese.
(It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)

3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
(Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.) 

4. Chill for several hours.
(You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)

5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
(I also only melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It’s easier to work with when it’s hot.)

6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper (didn't use) until firm.
(Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.) 

I ran out of chocolate so I had to use extra chocolate chips that I had.

Finished Product!

Delish!
*the parts I changed are in italics

This recipe made about 40 cake balls (not sure if I like the name, hehe)! I took some to work and they were gone in minutes! YUM! I will definately be making these again!!!

1 comment :

Kira said...

Yum..they look so good...I think I will try it...thanks Joi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs