Friday, February 25, 2011

Foody Friday: Jimmy John's Recipe for Beach Club


Jimmy John's Avocado Spread for the Beach Club

I found this recipe on CopyKat. They have a bunch of fun recipes from all sorts of restaurants! So if you're craving something from your favorite place, see if they have a recipe for it on there and make it yourself!

What's on the Sandwich:
Smoked Turkey Breast, Avocado Spread, Cucumber (I like mine without), Provolone Cheese, Alfalfa Sprouts, Lettuce, Tomato & HELLMANNS Mayo, French Bread
Ingredients for the Spread:
1 sm. Chili pepper
1 med. Onion
1 sm. Garlic clove
1 sm. Tomato, peeled
2 med. Ripe Calavo avocados
1 tbl. Fresh lemon or lime juice
3/4 tsp. Salt
1 dsh. Seasoned salt
1 dsh. Dry mustard

Directions:Chop chili pepper, onion, garlic, peeled tomato and blend. Cut avocado into halves, remove seed and skin, mash with chili mixture. Blend in lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper, seasoned salt and dry mustard.

Makes 1 1/2 cups dip.
I drove 4 hours, from Irvine to Clovis, to the closest Jimmy John's to get this sandwich (I was pregnant at the time and was really craving one), but now I can make my own! YAY!!!

1 comment :

Kim Miller said...

Hi,

I know this is a really old post, but I'm hoping you still see this.

I am seeing this recipe everywhere online because I LOVE Jimmy John's avocado spread.

My question: what kind of chili pepper? No one says what kind, just "one chili pepper."

Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs