Monday, February 21, 2011

Mama Monday: Wooden Name Letters






We both made Wooden Name Letters for our daughters. If you aren't very crafty and you want to make these, don't worry they are super easy to make.

Here are Erin's ideas: All you do is buy some wooden letters at a craft store or online. With my first daughter, Cheryl, I went to Roberts crafts and found some pre-painted black letters. I have redone Cheryl's letters twice. I just added the paper on top of the old paper and you can't even tell. With my second daughter, June, I couldn't find letters that I wanted so I found some online that were also prepainted black. Both sets of letters were really inexpensive to buy. I then bought some fun paper. I did a girly jungle theme in my girls room so I got jungle paper. I traced out the paper on the letter's, cut out the paper and fit it on the letters. It doesn't have to be a exact match. You can't really tell once it's on the wall. I just used plain old Elmer's glue to glue the paper on...it's all I had at the time.  I hot glued some really cute ribbon on the backs (which doesn't have to be perfect either). It's much easier to tie the ribbon first then glue the ribbon on, if you want to do bows. You can get the ribbon and a glue gun at a craft store also. I had a couple of button's laying around, so I glued them on too. And viola, fancy letters that you didn't have to pay a fortune for and that are personalized to your style.

Here are Joi's ideas: Basically I did the same thing as Erin, except that I bought unpainted wooden letters and painted the sides black then after the paint dried, I traced the paper around the letters and cut them out to fit. Then I mod podged the paper to the wood and presto! I attached them to my daughter's bedroom wall with velcro so that I could adjust them on the wall easier!
You can also create any letters for your home. Like Welcome, Family, Love and you last name. It was a lot of fun to make, so get your girlfriends together and start crafting.

~ Joi & Erin ~

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs